About this Event
Monday, December 7, 2020
8:30 a.m. – 2 p.m. (PST)
Join leaders in PK-16 education to discuss state and national community and equity issues, and hear about proposed educational practice and policy solutions from national and state experts.
The event is designed for educators, administrators, policymakers, community leaders, teacher preparation leaders, pre-service teachers and others who care about national and state issues surrounding PK-16 education.
Summit Theme: Community, Equity, and Culture: Informing PK-16 Educational Practice and Policy
- PK-16 Educational Funding and Legislative Priorities for Nevada
- Strengthening Business-Education Partnerships in a Pandemic Economy
- COVID-19 and the Educator Workforce: Emerging Needs and New Conversations
- Equity and Bilingual Education
- Closing the Opportunity Gap in Higher Education
- Reimagining Educational Research from an Equity Lens
Visit https://www.unlv.edu/education/community-partnerships/ed-summit for more details about the event.
*Registration is required; registrants will receive a virtual meeting link at least 48 hours prior to the event.
Opportunity for CEU Hours:
UNLV College of Education, in partnership with CCSD and Nevada Department of Education will provide 5.5 professional development licensure renewable hours to all interested registrants.
A certificate can be made available after each individual registrant, simply “check the box” upon registration.