YOU ARE NOT ALONE
The Survivors of Suicide Loss Support Groups are a free service provided by various agencies and/or communities in the State of Nevada. The self-help groups are for family and friends who have lost a loved one to suicide. These groups are for adults 18 years and older.. The groups are designed to help survivors cope with the suicide loss and the grief issues they are now facing.
- Provides support and validation for the feelings survivors are experiencing.
- To meet others who have lost a loved one to suicide to reduce isolation.
- Provides a safe and comfortable environment where group members can talk about their feelings and the issues suicide brought to their lives.
- Group members learn new ways of coping with their situation by hearing how others have coped with theirs.
- The group provides a sense of hope that they will survive this loss.
The information shared during support group meetings is confidential in nature, with one exception. If or when any group member threatens suicide, homicide or physical abuse against another individual the confidentiality will need to be broken to put services in place to protect the life of the group member and/or harm to anyone else.
Please see the list of support groups throughout the State of Nevada to see if one is available in your area or view our list here.Our Support Group List
If you or someone you know is having thoughts of suicide – please call the National Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK , that is 1-800-273-8255